Tu Nidito's Board
As a non-profit 501(c)3 agency, Tu Nidito is governed by a board of directors. This group of individuals has legal and ethical responsibilities to the agency, including providing mission-based leadership, advocacy and strategic governance.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Tu Nidito Board member encompass:
- Ensuring the agency meets legal requirements and ethical norms and operates within the by-laws.
- Assuming ultimate responsibility for internal policies that govern the agency and supporting the mission, principles and functions.
- Evaluating agency progress toward annual goals and strategic plan.
- Attending board meetings, reviewing materials in advance and active participation.
- Understanding the budget and taking an active part in the planning and fundraising; ensuring that financial resources are available to meet the programmatic and administrative obligations of the agency.
- Considering Tu Nidito as a primary philanthropic priority and making a personally meaningful annual cash gift each year.
- Understanding and interpreting the work of the agency to the community; helping create awareness of the organization, its mission and activities.
Board members are elected at the annual meeting in September and may serve two terms of three years each. To speak to someone about becoming a board member, please fill out the following form: